The O-Shot® is a non-surgical, minimally invasive procedure to restore sexual desire and enhance the female orgasm in women as they age and experience a low libido. It is estimated that about 50 percent of all women deal with a lack of sexual desire. The O-Shot® uses platelet-rich plasma injected into the vaginal wall to increase tissue growth and blood flow, which in turn improves feelings and desires.
The Issues Women Face Regarding Sexual Wellness
- Female Sexual Arousal Disorder:(usually but not always accompanies Sexual Desire Disorder). Women who suffer from this may want to have sex but have much difficulty finding the pleasure of arousal. The 5% incidence doesn’t sound like much until you think about it–that’s the same as one in 20!
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (Low desire): Remember, that this is not counted a disorder unless it’s disrupting the woman’s life. Around 10% of women suffer from this problem. Important: Suffering from a sexual disorder does not simply make sex not fun. Better sex leads to more energy, more creativity, increased confidence, less depression, and improved overall health.
- Female Orgasmic Disorder: Again around 1 in 20 (or 5%). Here women can become aroused but have much difficulty with orgasm. This can be so frustrating that sex becomes a frustration that they avoid.
- Dyspareunia: Here the woman suffers from real pain with sex (not from decreased lubrication or vaginal spasm). The incidence is from around 1 in 10 to 1 in 5 women. (The above shocking statistics came from Obstetrics & Gynecology April 2011)
The Solution: THE O-SHOT
- This procedure is safe – it is safer and more effective than many of the common treatments currently available. It works by using your own blood cells to grow healthier vaginal tissue, making those areas more sensitive to the touch.
- Increases arousal in women – women who function “normally”, experience increased levels of desire and stronger, more frequent, and more intense orgasms.
- Offers long lasting effects – typically lasting an average of 12 months or more with one treatment.
- A way to relieve painful intercourse and improve a woman’s ability to achieve orgasm – by increasing blood flow and lubrication to the clitoris and vaginal area, and returning your pleasure tissue back to normal healthy function.
- Gives hope to women suffering from urinary incontinence – offering women a chance to live a life without the inconvenience and embarrassment of reduced bladder control.
O-Shot Free Consultation Request Form
Benefits of the O-Shot®
Not only does the O-Shot® restore the female libido, it provides women with the following benefits:
- Decreases urinary incontinence
- Diminishes painful intercourse
- Increases vaginal lubrication
- Improves physical appearance
- Increases the ability to have an orgasm
- Improves the quality of an orgasm
- No downtime or recovery period
How Does the O-Shot® Work?
The procedure is similar to the P-Shot® for men. Blood is drawn from the patient, usually in the arm, and placed in a test tube. The test tube goes into a centrifuge that is spun at a very rapid speed to separate the plasma from the other parts of the blood. Once that is complete, a numbing cream is applied to the targeted area of the vagina, and the plasma is injected into the vaginal wall near the clitoris.
The entire procedure takes no more than an hour to complete. As the blood cells are drawn to the area of the injection site, the libido returns and sensations are heightened during intercourse.
There may be some slight spotting immediately after the procedure, but it stops within a short period of time. All activities following the procedure may be resumed with no downtime, including strenuous exercise and sex. A few women report that there are feelings of heightened hyper-sexuality, which resolves itself within a few days. The full effects of the O-Shot® are in full effect within three to four weeks as the new growth factors have to stimulate the action of stem cells to increase blood flow and build new nerve endings in the vaginal tissue. The results of the O-Shot® may last as long as two years. While one treatment is typically all that is needed, some women may choose to have a repeat procedure, which is performed no earlier than eight weeks after the first treatment.
Is the O-Shot® Right for Me?
If you have experienced a lack of desire to engage in sexual activities or experience pain that impedes your ability to perform, the O-Shot® may be right for you. Because it uses your own blood to restore the desire and ability to perform, there is no risk of reaction. A consultation with our Medical Staff is the best way to determine if the O-Shot® is the best option.
Can I drive myself home after?
Yes. The procedure only requires a topical anesthetic.
How soon should I expect results?
You may notice improvements in sexual arousal and orgasm as soon as the next day. Positive results should be noticeable within 2-4 weeks and changes can continue for up to 12 weeks.
Marian discusses Sexual Wellness
However, this does not guarantee BHRT therapy, as this is to be determined by our doctors based on your medical history and current health status, including hormone levels.. *Results May Vary and are not guaranteed.