Fat burners are also known as thermogenic. Thermogenic generate the heat your body needs to burn calories, and the more heat that is generated, the more calories and stored body fat, will be used.1
According to studies at the School of Sport and Exercise at the University of Birmingham, the term “fat burner” is used to describe supplements or food that greatly increases fat metabolism. There have also been claims that thermogenic increase weight loss, reduce fat absorption, and promote the burning of extra calories during exercise.
Thermogenic, or fat burners, are not magic pills when it comes to losing weight. They work best when you follow a healthy diet, get regular exercise, and cut down the sizes of your food portions.2
Are you looking for a healthy way to lose weight?
Many obese folks are impatient to lose weight and are often tempted to go for diet pills which are marketed as natural fat burners, in the hope that the fat of years is going to melt away in a matter of weeks.
But have no illusions, this will not happen. And losing weight at a rapid speed is not the healthy way to do it. Like everything in life, you get out of it what you put into it. Popping a fat-burning pill without the hard graft that goes with it, will not make you lean.3
However, a high-quality fat burner supplement can certainly make your weight loss journey easier. The market is overflowing with diet pills which are not only designed to increases fat burning, but also to curb the appetite and boost energy.
There are many brands to choose from, so look for something which contains natural ingredients like green tea extract.
Are supplements the only source of thermogenic?
The good news is that you can increase your fat-burning rate by eating certain foods which actively promote thermogenic in the body.
Here is a list of some of the top fat-burning foods.4
- Conjugated linoleic acid (omega 6) is a powerful fat-burner found in full-fat, and low-fat dairy products like cheese, whole milk, butter, and yogurt, and cottage cheese.
- Lean cuts of beef, lamb, veal, turkey, and fatty fish such as tuna, all have fat-burning properties.
- Grapefruit essential oil is a natural weight loss booster which is known to speed up the metabolism, reduce the appetite, and help the body break down both fat and sugar.
- Matcha green tea, a powdered form of green tea, has some noteworthy, potent fat-burning benefits.
- Recent research has shown that cherries, which contain high levels of antioxidants, might also help to remove excess body fat.
- Eggs which are full of proteins and build muscle, also burn fat.
- Peanut butter is high in vegetable protein, full of heart-healthy oils, and suppresses hunger. Studies have shown peanut butter is used to build muscle, regulate digestion, and help to burn excess fat.
- Berries are an excellent source of thermogenic which seriously help to burn fat, as well as to prevent it from forming. Berries are loaded with plant-sourced anti-oxidants, which in addition to burning fat, also improves blood flow to the muscles, increasing exercise benefits.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to maintain stable blood sugar levels and promotes the production of proteins in the body, needed to burn fat.
- Garlic contains a compound called allicin which prevents fat molecules from building up in the blood. Experts attribute this compound to the powerful fat-fighting benefits of garlic.
Adding some of these foods to your diet, have been proven to promote thermogenic in the body, and help burn away extra calories.
Do fat-burner supplements have any side effects?
Fat-burners come in 2 categories i.e. those which contain stimulants, and those which do not. Dietary supplements, including weight loss products, are not regulated by the FDA, and it is a fair question to ask about side-effects.5
If you are sensitive to stimulants such as caffeine, it would be better to opt for stimulant-free thermogenic, especially those containing green tea extracts.
Studies have indicated that fat-burning supplements can include certain risks such as:6
- Nausea and indigestion.
- Headaches, anxiety, and trouble sleeping.
- Some side effects may be caused by interactions with other medications.
- Ingesting too much of stimulants like caffeine, and others which may be added to the stimulant-based fat-burner may result in higher blood pressure or a racing heart.
The ingredients found in the stimulant-free thermogenic, such as green tea extract would appear to be the safest.
Not always natural
Note that some fat-burner brands which are labeled as natural, are not always natural. Many have a combination of chemical and natural products. The supplements can help you to lose a certain amount of weight, but unless you eat less, and make some beneficial lifestyle changes like following a healthy diet, and getting some exercise, you will not lose the amount of weight that you want to.
Rather than relying on supplements only, to drop the weight, adding foods to your diet is a far healthier option, which will work on a long-term basis.
Eating filling, fat-burning natural foods, do not pose any risks. The key is to eat calories wisely, choosing foods that are full of nutrients, fiber, protein, healthy fatty acids, and antioxidants.7
We can help you
The CLEAN START WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM is a medically designed and supervised program to eliminate the body’s fat deposits, help you get control of your appetite, reduce cravings and emotional eating.
The program is designed to help you achieve your weight loss goals through fat burning and healthy eating.
For more information about the Clean Start Program visit us at www.renewmetoday.com and see how we can help you.
Thermogenic means tending to produce heat, and the term is commonly applied to drugs which increase heat through metabolic stimulation, or to microorganisms which create heat within organic waste.